Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Hasbrouck Heights is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While ACE Solutions constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. mow the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call ACE Solutions in Hasbrouck Heights at 201-579-2562 today.