When it’s cold in Hasbrouck Heights you need your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system looks to be running well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can stop air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you might have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following signs, call in an expert, like ACE Solutions.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You might have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? You may have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you increased the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could signal a few particular problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your space.
4. Your monthly bill keeps climbing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps climbing. This could point to several different problems. Your HVAC professional will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, stop your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC technicians to fix.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The experts at ACE Solutions will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.