As we get deeper in to November and the temperature starts to fall, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to turn the heat on. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with the cold rapidly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when it’s time to replace your furnace, how do you know which option to choose between an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was going to go out.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a call at 201-579-2562 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t waver in giving ACE Solutions in Hasbrouck Heights a call at 201-579-2562. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.